Bug Responsive + ColVis

Bug Responsive + ColVis

koallalayskoallalays Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0

One picture says more than 1000 words:

And you loose the possibility sorting those exra fields. => It would be good if there is a "+" -Symbol at the table-header as well where you can do this sorting ;)

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,665Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin

Can you link to a test case showing the issue please?

This example appears to work as expected.

Allan

• koallalayskoallalays Posts: 6Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited April 2018

No, your test-Link doesn't work either ;)
    If you hide all columns except one of the shown and email which sould have enough space then, email is still hidden and you have to click on the plus.
    It becomes even more weired if you hide email => the "+" is still there but it doesn't open anything.

=> The responsive plugin seems to totally ignore the column-visibility-status and calculates allways with all available columns

PS: FF 59.0.2, Chrome 65.0.3325.181

i'm with you now. Could you try the nightly version of the Responsive software, which I believe has addresses this issue. It was an index error when columns were hidden.

Allan

THANKS!!!!
    The nightly build (v2.2.2-dev) works :)

The bug is solved - only the feature request is left now:
    You can't sort the columns which are hidden by the responsive plugin (with the '+')
    A very comfortable solution would be adding the '+' to the table-header as well to do the sorting there. I think it wouldn't matter if the expand the same way like the rows or doing it the same way like the colvis (dropdown-dialog)

Just thought of ...
    It would be better if it would expand same like the rows coz then there would be the possibillity to combine it with ColReorder ;)

Yes, this is something that I've been considering how to resolve. It is something that I hope to address in future.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.