Display inline editor before the end of the previous ajax call

Display inline editor before the end of the previous ajax call

olivier Husson olivier Husson Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

I'm trying to make the inline editing faster to use. It often takes a little second to save a row after submitting a cell edit. That's not really long, but I'd like to be able to start editing another cell while the previous one is processing (waiting for ajax, etc..). At least display the input so that the user can start typing before the ajax call is over.
It would be useful when editing a large amount of cells by hands.

Thanks a lot for your help and your work :-)

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,697Questions: 1Answers: 10,102 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I'd like to be able to start editing another cell while the previous one is processing

The problem there is that the user might have input invalid data, which would require an error message to be shown and keep the old input active, allowing them to correct there error.

Because Editor does not currently support multiple cell inline editing, I'm afraid what you are looking for is not possible.

The closest would be to buffer changes in a local table and then submit them all at once, but again you'll run into issues with validation, particularly if more than one field is invalid!

Allan

• olivier Husson olivier Husson Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

Thanks a lot for your answer. I already looked for Local Table, but I've got some server side processing and validation so I can't do that.

Thanks anyway :smiley:

This discussion has been closed.