Responsive extension: column class not retained for cells in expanded rows

Responsive extension: column class not retained for cells in expanded rows

vizakhar.microsoftvizakhar.microsoft Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am using columnClass property to assign different rendering (and event processing) to cells belonging to different columns.

When the table fits within the screen every <td> element gets the class as specified by the columnClass property of its column and I can easily hook some rendering/processing functions to the <td> elements.

However, when some of the columns don't fit within the page and I expand the row (by clicking the '+' button) the cells are renedered with no reference to the class of the column. I reviewed the custom renderer for the cells of the expanded columns and also see no way finding out what the column class of a cell is.

Ideally, I would like to use the same custom field renderer as defined in the table. Is there a way I can do it?

Example:

Let's say I have 3 columns: name, dob, salary.
I defined 3 classes for the columns: name_class, dob_class, salary_class.
For each class I use a jquery selector and assign diffrerent rendering/behavior for each cell of that column.
Now, I resize the table so that dob and salary get overflown and click on the '+' button to expand the row of interest.
I would expect to get the dob cell with the dob_class attribute and salary cell with the salary_class attribute, so I am able to link the same cell renderer to them. However, ****the class attribute is no assigned (not retained) and I cannot link with jquery using the class attribute. ****

**Could you please suggest an solution that would allow me to retain the column class on the cells of the expanded row? **

Answers

This discussion has been closed.