input field column on the pdf, excel and print from the datatable is empty

input field column on the pdf, excel and print from the datatable is empty

laxmiparklaxmipark Posts: 22Questions: 8Answers: 0

I am trying exporting a table using print, pdf and excel but my input field on the table is empty

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

Hi @laxmipark ,

We're happy to take a look, but it would help, as per the forum rules, if you could link to a running test case showing the issue so we can offer some help. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• laxmiparklaxmipark Posts: 22Questions: 8Answers: 0

I found similar test data as per this link..
    http://live.datatables.net/leqonovo/3/edit

What I would like is the excel, print and pdf should catch the input entered value
    in this example they come empty even if you enter something and carry out the functions

Hi @laxmipark ,

Gotcha, I understand. Take a look at this modified example here - I've changed the code in the format function, and this seems to be working as you wanted.

Can you let me know please if this works for you,

Cheers,

Colin

Thank you so much. It worked like a charm.. Thanks alot

I had different question for same example.. How Do I disable input field for some specific values.
    I tried
    'this.disable(); in rowCallback , it doesn't work.
    Thank you,

Answer ✓

Hi again,

It depends where the specific values are. If it's on the start data, then you can just do it in your input_field function - like this (it disables all input elements for rows > 5). If you want to it when a user enters a value, you'll need an event trigger on keyup or some such.

Cheers,

Colin

Hi Colin,

Its on the start data. I have applied it what you have suggested and works good. Thanks for the help

This discussion has been closed.