Server-side filtering with multiple tables on a page

Server-side filtering with multiple tables on a page

pbercepberce Posts: 15Questions: 2Answers: 0

I am currently using the Legacy version, 1.9.4.

I have server-side configuration working smoothly, I've tweaked the PHP MYSQL code from the documentation (http://legacy.datatables.net/examples/data_sources/server_side.html) to successfully do everything I need to do.

My problem is filtering. With 1 table on a page I have no issues. If I have multiple tables I get no results.

Looking at the data sent by datatables when a filter is initiated I can see the sSearch field is empty when passed. Everything else received looks correct.

Another odd thing is, when I filter, the "sProcessing" message popup shows on another table on the page, not on the table I'm filtering.

I have made sure the columns are searchable, and bFilter is not false.

What it looks like to me is it's not distinguishing between multiple tables when the filter is triggered on a server side filter action.

I have searched the forum here and google extensively on the subject and I cannot find a solution.

I have a debug URL but am hesitant to paste it as it could have information I'd rather not expose.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,075Questions: 1Answers: 10,384 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Can you PM me a link to the page showing the issue please? I don't recall having heard of this issue before. The search on the two tables should be 100% independent.

Allan

• pbercepberce Posts: 15Questions: 2Answers: 0

That's what I thought. I rebuilt the javascript call from scratch and now it's working as expected. Sorry to bother.

This discussion has been closed.