First Time Configuration & Specific Table Queries

First Time Configuration & Specific Table Queries

MrTIMarshallMrTIMarshall Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Searching for the best way to sort my tables, I came across DataTables and was instantly sold by the table shown on their landing page, in which you can click to show additional details per name.

This is of high interest as one of the reasons I wish to use this system is that each row I would have as a summary and within the details defined to that person.

Questions

1. What is the recommended package download for someone who uses jQuery.3.3.1 without Bootstrap?
  2. Where can I find the DataTable on the landing page within the demos to see minimal code required?
  3. Is there a "Go To Page" function available, eg; used within a ranking system, go to users rank?
  4. Is it possible to have, within one table:
  • Main Table (entire scope) scrollable.
  • Click to show details on a user basis, inner table also scrollable

Thank you for any help in getting started prior!

Best Regards,
Tim

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,117Questions: 26Answers: 4,916
    Answer ✓

What is the recommended package download for someone who uses jQuery.3.3.1 without Bootstrap?

The easiest way to get Datatables and any associated extensions is to use the Download Builder. Link is also on the left sidebar.

Where can I find the DataTable on the landing page within the demos to see minimal code required?

Click the Examples link on the left side of the page.

Is there a "Go To Page" function available, eg; used within a ranking system, go to users rank?

If I understand your question correctly you would need to write the code to jump to a particular page based on a data search. Using the row().show() might help.

Is it possible to have, within one table:
    Main Table (entire scope) scrollable.

You can enable the scrollY option. There is an example on the examples page.

Click to show details on a user basis, inner table also scrollable

The examples page has a Child rows (show extra / detailed information) which gives a basic example of showing details. I haven't fully tested this but have created the child row as a Datatable in which you could enable scrolling.

Kevin

• MrTIMarshallMrTIMarshall Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thank you very much for your response Kevin!

The download creator is why I asked what is the recommended as there are so many extensions, configurations and whatnot.

The Child rows (show extra / detailed information) is extremely helpful!

Best Regards,
    Tim

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,117Questions: 26Answers: 4,916

The download creator is why I asked what is the recommended as there are so many extensions, configurations and whatnot.

For just the basic Datatables (to cover the above) you can just take the defaults of Datatables styling and Datatables package. All the examples, except the Styling section, should work with just these options. Plus if you want to use the rows().show() plugin you will need to download from its pluging page.

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.