Sorting via keyboard keypress enter not sorting in IE

Sorting via keyboard keypress enter not sorting in IE

millzmillz Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am using datatables 1.10.16 with IE 11. When our application was tested for 508 accessibility, it was noticed that when using IE 11, when you tab to a sort header, pressing return does not trigger the column sorting. This works fine for chrome and firefox but not IE. I found the old thread from 2013-2014 which said it was resolved in version 1.10, but it doesn't seem to be working in 1.10.

https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/16841/sorting-via-keyboard-keypress-in-internet-explorer-doesnt-work-correctly

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,208Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

Interesting, I thought this did work. I'll take a look and get back to you.

Allan

I've just tried this example in IE11 (Windows 10) and it worked without any problems. Does that page work for you?

Allan

• millzmillz Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Interesting, that example is working for me in IE, I thought I had tried it before, but maybe it was the one on the home page. The homepage is definitely still not working for me, but the examples seem to work now. What version of datatables are you using for those examples?

Interesting. 1.10.16 release is used for the examples while the home page is using 1.10.17-dev. Let me look into that and I'll get back to you.

Allan

Its not an issue with 1.10.17-dev as I can use that locally without issue. There is a difference in jQuery versions as well but that's not the problem, nor is the issue with the fact that Responsive is used on the home page.

The IE11 inspector tool doesn't even record the return key on the home page, and to be honest I've run out of stuff I can think of that would cause that issue on the home page only!

Do you happen to have any other links showing the issue? All the other DataTables examples I've tried work okay in IE11.

Allan

• alpeshganviralpeshganvir Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0

I am facing same issue on IE, my datatable.js version is 1.10.19.

Please take a look at your home page example you will notice same issue on IE.
    please take a look at https://datatables.net/ example.

This discussion has been closed.