FixedHeader with Semantic UI sidebar

FixedHeader with Semantic UI sidebar

vickedvicked Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello there!

Recently I faced a strange problem with datatables and semantic UI + FixedHeader. When the body has "pushable" (add by semantic UI automatically when the page has sidebar) the FixedHeader is not visible. It is there, I can select it by the chrome developer console "select element" option (screenshot attached) but it is not visible. If I remove the "pushable" manually the header appears (screenshot attached also).

Can anyone help me with this strange behavior?

fixed header not visible
fixed header not visible

Thanks!
vicked

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,992Questions: 1Answers: 10,367 Site admin

Hi,

Can you give me a link to a page showing the issue? I suspect you'll need to call fixedHeader.adjust() as the styles of the rest of the page change.

Allan

• vickedvicked Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

Thanks for your answer. I will set up a page which shows the problem after work. But I think the refenced adjust() method is not solves my problem. I think the "pushable" body class causes the problem somehow, because if I remove it on the fly (by removing it directly with the browser developer tools elements menu) the fixed header appears.

Maybe this is a strange css behavior, but I cannot see what causes the problem.

Cases breakdown:
    1) in case of <body class="pushable"> the fixedHeader is there but not visible
    2) in case of <body> the fixedHeader is there and visible

The "pushable" is added by semantic UI and it is necessary if sidemenu is presented.

• allanallan Posts: 62,992Questions: 1Answers: 10,367 Site admin

Its a z-index issue - add:

table.fixedHeader-floating {
      z-index: 2;
    }

to your page and it will work as expected.

The problem is coming from:

.pushable>.pusher {
        z-index: 2;
    }

in Semantic UI. That is making the container which has the DataTable in it, z-index 2. The fixed header was floating behind it.

Allan

• vickedvicked Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited September 2018

Thanks for your help! The Fixed header is available now.

But when I use it together with Semantic UI Sidebar component, the Fixed header is not adapt the open sidebar. Is this a known issue? Does anyone have a workaround for it?

The result looks like this:

This discussion has been closed.