Limit on Multiedit?

Limit on Multiedit?

marwimarwi Posts: 33Questions: 9Answers: 0
edited June 2018 in Free community support

Hi,
I have a data table with about 1000 records. Using MultiEdit function, I can edit 100 records at the same time, but with 200 records the server responds with Error 403 (Forbidden). I don't know the reason, maybe too much POST data? I have tried the option submit: 'changed' , but it seems this does not work on MultiEdit: it submits the whole row anyway.
Is there any idea how I would be able to multiedit all 1000 records?
Many thanks and regards,
marwi

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin

maybe too much POST data?

This. Either you are hitting a limit for the number of parameters that can be submitted or a size limit for the amount of data being posted.

Are you using PHP, if so, create a phpinfo page so you can see the limits that are being applied.

Allan

• marwimarwi Posts: 33Questions: 9Answers: 0

Yes, I'm using the default PHP library (provided by Datatable) and the POST size limit is 8 MB.

Firefox Network Analyser says the POST size transmitted would be 862 Bytes only.

Is there any way to disable the Edit Button in case more than 100 records have been selected, in order to avoid confusion for users?

Furthermore, just tested the same script on IIS (previous was a hosted linux webspace) and there I get back 200 (OK) instead of 403. But it's not OK at all, because I sent 864 multiedited records to server and only got 91 records back, while thereof 90 records have been updated with the new value.

• allanallan Posts: 61,446Questions: 1Answers: 10,054 Site admin
    Answer ✓

PHP also has a max_input_vars which might be causing the issue. Or perhaps max_input_time. Checking the server's error log might indicate what the issue is.

Allan

you're great! Thanks.
    On IIS, in PHP error logs I found some recent records about max_input_vars, so I changed the PHP.ini from default 1000 to 10'000, and now it works fine. :smiley:

This discussion has been closed.