Neee Help Exporting to Excel with Indivudal Column Search/Select which causes Headers to be OPTIONS

Neee Help Exporting to Excel with Indivudal Column Search/Select which causes Headers to be OPTIONS

PAINSRevengePAINSRevenge Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

I need to some help with using the Exporting to Excel when I use Indv. Column Search/Select function enabled and the Search being at the top. According to the manual examples, To use the Individual Select/Search, you have to provide 2 rows of <th> in the <thead>. This works great. But when you try to add Buttons and export to Excel, The problem is that you have 2 rows of Headers and I can not for the life of me figure out how to tell the code to use the True Headers and not the "Search/Select" row as the header in the export.

I have created a Live example (with some borrowed code) here http://live.datatables.net/tiqiwari/1/edit

When you click the Excel button, You will get all the data as expected but instead of the expected Column Headers, you get the Options from the Search Boxes as your Headers.

I am pretty confident that DataTables is confused because there are 2 headers and it does not know which one is to use.

Is there a better way to do the Search/Select so it is not considered a Header

This discussion has been closed.