Possbility to include one more input type text beside the deafault `search` textbox ?

Possbility to include one more input type text beside the deafault `search` textbox ?

teojicdteojicd Posts: 6Questions: 6Answers: 0
edited August 2018 in Free community support

I am currently using server side processing. For my table, I am able to use do ordinary sorting for each column by ascending/descending. For the search functionality now I am implementing it such that it returns the result of LIKE '%apple%' or any another search term.

My question now is whether it is possible for me to put in another input type='text' beside the default search textbox. Then when I key in a search term into that new textbox, it will call another function on server side so that it can perform a different query on the result set?

It does not necessarily have to be another textbox for search. I wonder if there is any other feasible way. For example I put a radio button in my html page. When user keys into the default search textbox of the datatable, maybe javascript can 'listen' to this event and then it will read the value of the radio button. Depending on which radio button is selected, the function on server side will process and return the result accordingly.

Hope to hear any advice.

Thanks!

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,158Questions: 1Answers: 2,587

Hi @teojicd ,

Yep, you can put any element into the toolbar with dom settings. This example here create an input element which can be used to jump to a specific page.

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.