View page source doesn't show me the html for my drawn datatables rows/columns data and the buttons

View page source doesn't show me the html for my drawn datatables rows/columns data and the buttons

nishantgupta01nishantgupta01 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello All,

My datatable is working good. I am calling an ajax datasource and the records are showing in my DT grid. And i have buttons showing (add/edit). My question is: I opened the view page source on my page and i don't see any rendered html for the datatable and the rows/columns/buttons e.t.c. What's going on? Is there something i am missing?

I thought anything that is showing on the page (html, css) will be able view using "view page source". I can see everything using developer's tools. but why it's not showing in page source. Please help.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,236Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

Hi @nishantgupta01 ,

It's because you're loading the table with Ajax - page source is just the page as it was written originally, the Ajax loads means the table elements will be loaded dynamically.

Cheers,

Colin

• nishantgupta01nishantgupta01 Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Colin,

I am still not getting it. My webpage is showing the html rendered data in the datatables. The data is loaded inside the datatable grid. And if i open developer tools, i can see all the html that is rendered. but the view page source is not showing any of datatable rendered html.

Also you said "the Ajax loads means the table elements will be loaded dynamically.", But the table elements are already loaded when the page is loaded. there is nothing to load dynamically .

• colincolin Posts: 15,236Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

The best thing here is for you to link to your page or to create a test case, that way we can look at and talk about the same thing,

C

This discussion has been closed.