How a can make i Grid using a instance table = $('#Obj').DataTable() and get data from a pagemethods

How a can make i Grid using a instance table = $('#Obj').DataTable() and get data from a pagemethods

gugasoftgugasoft Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,
I need make a grid using a instance table = $('#Obj').DataTable() and after get data in the data: property with pagemethods method in C# codebehind.
How i can do this? Is this necessary becuse i my grid need to be updated after some seconds to show the new data inputed in my database Thanks in advance

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,667Questions: 1Answers: 10,096 Site admin
    Answer ✓

I'm afraid I don't really understand. Does codebehind not execute before the page is loaded by the browser (i.e. the browser gets the resulting page).

To be honest I think you'll need to add on SO or a .NET specific forum for this one. In DataTables terms, getting the data for the table is done with rows().data(). How you then pass that to the server is up to the implementation that the platform you are using would expect.

Regards,
    Allan

• gugasoftgugasoft Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Thanks for your reply, but I think I did not explain well.
    I need to update the grid property for a few minutes and I want to use the data property entered in $ ('# grdApp'). DataTable ({
    date:
    }), and I don't know how I can do this.

I try to use row().data() but i get a error table.rows(...).data(...) is not a function.

Can you understend me?
    Thanks in advance.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,276Questions: 26Answers: 4,765
    Answer ✓

Start with the FAQ regarding the is not a function error.

If that doesn't help then post the relevant JS code so we can take a look. If nothing stands out we will likely need a link to your page or a test case showing the issue.

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.