Data tables - Odd ?bug? when sorting on column ASP MVC C# HTML

Data tables - Odd ?bug? when sorting on column ASP MVC C# HTML

WolfgangJTWolfgangJT Posts: 4Questions: 3Answers: 0

I have multiple pages utilizing DT, but one of my pages has some strange event happening which is causing odd results.

Normally when I sort by column, and some of those columns have empty data in the cells under that column, it sorts just fine by sorting the cells with data then appending the blank rows afterwords.

However, on this one page, whenever I sort by a column that has 1 cell with data and the remaining 33 not having data, for some odd reason the DT only returns 1 data element (the element with data in the cell) and 'deletes' the remaining 33 rows. The rows return if I sort by another column, but I am not sure why this is happening.

I checked the query that is being executed to retrieve the data, and this table is performing an inner join on the data while the other tables are performing an outer left join. I have spent hours researching on the internet and debugging trying to figure this out but I cannot seem to find a solution.

Any help?

Answers

• WolfgangJTWolfgangJT Posts: 4Questions: 3Answers: 0

I cannot link a copy of my code because it is an intranet application. I tested the same table on another column with 1 data entry in the column I was sorting and it works perfectly. I am not sure why this one column is not working.

• allanallan Posts: 62,994Questions: 1Answers: 10,368 Site admin

Can you use the debugger on your page for me and upload a data trace?

Thanks,
    Allan

This discussion has been closed.