Issue with Disappearing “Outline” attribute on Table Row

Issue with Disappearing “Outline” attribute on Table Row

Geoff_OldingGeoff_Olding Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 1
edited September 2018 in Free community support

Hello there

I have a strange issue with a disappearing “outline” property on a table row. I appreciate this may not be a jquery datatables issue, however I have posted it in case it is, or if anybody here happens to have come across it before, or could recommend an appropriate forum.

I have a table where the currently selected row (“tr” element) is assigned the class “SigMania_row_highlight_style” to display a purple border around the entire row:

.SigMania_row_highlight_style {
 outline: #6300AB 1px solid;
}

<tr class="SigMania_row_highlight_style odd" role="row">

The JQuery Datatables plug in adds the “odd” class and the role.

When the user hovers over another row, I dynamically add the class “SigMania-menu-popup-hover” to the other row:

$("tr").hover(
        function () {
            $(this).addClass(sRowHoverStyle);
        },
        function () {
            $(this).removeClass(sRowHoverStyle);
        }
    );

.SigMania-menu-popup-hover {
   background-color: #F0E9F5 !important;
}

I am taking no action on the currently selected row.

When I do this, the purple outline disappears for reasons unknown. The Html for the row is not changed – I can verify this from developer tools. Moreover, I can refresh the display (for example by just unsetting and then setting back on any property of the row from developer tools), and the outline comes back.

I am fairly sure this is an issue with Internet Explorer (I get the same issue with all versions of IE and Edge, but not in FireFox). I don’t get the same issue when I use the same technique on a user list.

Any help greatly appreciated.

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

This discussion has been closed.