how to seperate numeric and string details while export in datatable

ajay2529ajay2529 Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0

how to seperate numeric and string details while export in datatable

This question has accepted answers - jump to:

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,236Questions: 1Answers: 2,598
    Answer ✓

Hi @ajay2529 ,

I don't understand, sorry. What do you want to separate them from? The export just writes out what's in the cells.

We're happy to take a look, but it would help, as per the forum rules, if you could link to a running test case showing the issue so we can offer some help. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• ajay2529ajay2529 Posts: 7Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited September 2018

thanks for reply. i have an information about how to split datatable column into 2 part one part contain numeric values and another part contain character. while export the datatable

Answer ✓

Do you mean to split the data, but keep it within the same column? I imagine it would be tricky to split one column into two, unless you have a spare column in the table already that you want to use.

This example here may help - it shows how to change the data being exported. In this case, it changes the value of a checkbox to "Y" or "N". You could use that to split the data, provided it's being split but kept in the same cell.

Cheers,

Colin

thanks for your answer

hi your example is useful for me but small error how to split current column into tow part while export. if it is possible

Answer ✓

Hi @ajay2529 ,

I can't really suggest anything until you answer my questions above - I'm still not clear what you're trying to do.

Cheers,

Colin

result: For example account name and account number should be in one column, while export or print it should be separate in to two column. one column contains name and another column contains number,

how can i get this result?

As I said, "I imagine it would be tricky to split one column into two, unless you have a spare column in the table already that you want to use." The solution would also be different for each export type (PDF, Excel, etc).). If it's PDF you're after, the best bet would be to look at the PDFMake documentation. For Excel, do a web search for dynamically adding columns. Neither will be easy, I'm afraid to say.

This discussion has been closed.