Update nuget

Update nuget

stefanvhstefanvh Posts: 11Questions: 4Answers: 0

The current version on nuget is 1.10.15 which was uploaded in May. We're now at 1.10.18. When will the package be updated?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,452Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

We don't currently publish Nuget packages of the Javascript libraries for DataTables. The Nuget you are referring to must be packaged up by a third party, so you'd need to ask them to bring it up to date.

That said, we probably should introduce Nuget packages at some point - you aren't the first to ask for the third party package to be updated!

Allan

• stefanvhstefanvh Posts: 11Questions: 4Answers: 0

Yeah, I guess I'm not the first. It would be quite appreciated if it was on Nuget, as I spent some time figuring out why the tables were different than regular bootstrap4 tables, and after some time I found out this was fixed in a later release.

I guess I'll remove the nuget reference and download from here instead.

• abahraniabahrani Posts: 1Questions: 0Answers: 0
    edited October 2018

The need for nuget package is increasing greatly, the version 10.5 no longer work with Bootstarp 4.

This package was added as per the conversation
    https://datatables.net/forums/discussion/4577/nuget-package-for-datatables

Adding Datatable to nuget would make it much easier to maintain and update for .Net as well as increase the publicity for such great tool

Please advise on whether there's real consideration of doing that and/or time frame for doing so

• allanallan Posts: 61,452Questions: 1Answers: 10,055 Site admin

There is real consideration for it, but it isn't something that I've been able to find the time to prioritise yet I'm afraid. The packages are available for npm and bower, so adding Nuget shouldn't be too difficult, but I don't use Nuget for Javascript software myself, so I wouldn't be dog fooding it.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.