Data-Table nested grand child toggle problem?

Data-Table nested grand child toggle problem?

ShahiDevShahiDev Posts: 16Questions: 7Answers: 0

My problem is with Data-Table Grand child. Toggle button to show and hide the row works fine when it is parent and child, but it won't work when i've 3 level nesting, e.g parent , child, grand child.

The problem i'm facing is , Click on parent does not close the grand child. If i close the parent then child and grand child should also be closed but it does not. What is the solution?

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,236Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

Hi @ShahiDev ,

We're happy to take a look, but it would help, as per the forum rules, if you could link to a running test case showing the issue so we can offer some help. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• ShahiDevShahiDev Posts: 16Questions: 7Answers: 0

Its a general problem indata-tables that's why i did not provide the code, and a matter of fact i cant either.

I read @allan answer on this matter in another similar question, and he was saying this feature is not available in data-tables right now, but we are working on it. I want to know , is this even possible in data-tables (parent to grand child relationship)?

Thanks @colin for answering.

• colincolin Posts: 15,236Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

Hi @ShahiDev ,

I can't see any reason why you can't have three tiers of nested tables - the child and grandchild tables would be entirely independent of each other - so if you're seeing a problem is likely an implementation issue. The relationship between parent and grandchild would be resolvable with jQuery selectors.

As I said, we're happy to take a look, but there's not much advice we can give without seeing a test case.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.