Datatables "compact" class prevents centering of elements

Datatables "compact" class prevents centering of elements

tquilltquill Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

I've got a datatable that I can't seem to get the text within <th> elements centered. If I remove the compact class from the table, the header <th> elements center just fine.

Is there a solution where I could have the <th> elements centered and keep using the "compact" class?

A few notes about my setup:
-bootstrap 4
-lots of options for datatables being used (fixed columns, server side processing, etc)

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,205Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

Sounds like this might be more of a Bootstrap 4 question that DataTables specific, or do you not have this issue if you don't use DataTables? A link to a test case showing the issue would be useful.

My guess is that you'd need to use text-align: center on a suitable thead th selector, but without a test case I'm not certain.

Allan

• tquilltquill Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Allan, thanks for responding.

The issue doesn't exist if I remove the "compact" class, or if I don't make the table a DataTable.

I'll try and get a link to a test case.

• cygnus8929cygnus8929 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

I was able to reproduce this issue (the headers do not center align when using the compact class). Please see http://live.datatables.net/lohihojo for a simple example. If you remove the "compact" from the class list for the table, the header entries center align properly.

• allanallan Posts: 63,205Questions: 1Answers: 10,415 Site admin

Thank you!

table.dataTable.compact thead th,
    table.dataTable.compact thead td {
      padding: 4px 17px;
    }

I've committed that change here and it will be in the next release.

Allan

• cygnus8929cygnus8929 Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

My pleasure. Thanks for the quick response! Oh yea, and thanks for creating DataTables! :-)

This discussion has been closed.