Editor install.js "Given file is not a zip archive"

Editor install.js "Given file is not a zip archive"

fretieffretief Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0
edited September 2018 in Free community support

Hi,

I am following the instructions to install Editor at https://datatables.net/blog/2017-08-31 but when running the "node node_modules...." command in the command window, I get the following error:

Editor NPM install script
  Given file is not a zip archive

The zip file I am using was directly downloaded from https://editor.datatables.net/download/

Any help to solve this will be appreciated

Thanks

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 62,992Questions: 1Answers: 10,367 Site admin

Can you show me the full command you are using please? You need to use two parameters for the node command here:

1. The path to the Editor install.js file
    2. The path to the Editor zip package that you have downloaded from the Editor site.

The script will then extract the trial files and install them into the node_modules directory as required.

Thanks,
    Allan

• fretieffretief Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

Thanks for the response - I do not have it with me at the moment, but the command I used was as per the documentation e.g.

node node_modules/DataTables-Net-Editor/install.js c:\temp\Editor.zip
    I renamed the file as a last resort but that made no difference either. I then debugged the install.js script and found that it fell over where it called AdmZip - I think it could not instantiate a new instance of Adm-zip. This was after I installed Adm-zip via npm.

Eventually I manually copied the .js and .css files from the downloaded package into the holding folder created when I ran the npm install initially and it seems to work.

I have just started working through the config and have an issue with the Row_ID which I will next try and resolve.

Can you please confirm how I know that the temp license has started? - does it start on install or on first build? - Just want to make sure I have enough time to evaluate before it expires.

Regards

• allanallan Posts: 62,992Questions: 1Answers: 10,367 Site admin

If you can run the software, then the trial license has started. Once you reach 7 days in the trial it should start showing a countdown in the console. If you run out of time, just let me know and I can extend the trial.

Interesting that Adm-zip isn't working - I wonder if it is something to do with being on a Windows host. I'll look into that.

Allan

• fretieffretief Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Thanks Allan,

Will do

This discussion has been closed.