Datatables button - table title attribute

Datatables button - table title attribute

jumpcutjumpcut Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 1

Anyone has a way to access the title attribute of a datatable from one of the export buttons which are set up in $.fn.dataTable.defaults?

I have multiple tables so the page <title> (i get this with $(document).find("title").text() ) does not apply to all.

In the export buttons $(this) only has button object but I would like to access the table so I cold access containing table's title. I tried .parent() .closest('table'). No dice.

I hoped something like $(this).parent().closest('table').attr('title') would work but it does not.

Thanks!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,236Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

Hi @jumpcut ,

We're happy to take a look, but it would help, as per the forum rules, if you could link to a running test case showing the issue so we can offer some help. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• jumpcutjumpcut Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 1

Hi @colin,
    Thanks for your response.

Here is the example of including the table title attribute in excel file:
    http://live.datatables.net/cuhegebe/1

When exporting the small table the values come from the top table, which makes sense because that is the first $('.dataTable').attr("title")

One of my initial idea was to get the table id then pull the title as:$('#DataTables_Table_0').attr("title"), $('#DataTables_Table_1').attr("title") and so on... $('#DataTables_Table_' + tableID).attr("title")

So the question is how to refer to the containing table from the export button or how to get tableID for the button object?

• allanallan Posts: 62,992Questions: 1Answers: 10,367 Site admin
    Answer ✓

The DataTable is actually passed in as the third parameter to the customize function - e.g.:

customize: function (xlsx, win, dt) {

You could then use $(dt.button(0).node()).attr('title') to get the title attribute (although its going to be the same in the example since it isn't customised per table).

Allan

• jumpcutjumpcut Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 1

Thanks @allan
    It worked with $(dt.table(0).node()).attr('title')
    I updated the JS in case someone else would find it helpful to use table title attribute in file exports.

http://live.datatables.net/fimevika/1/edit?html,js,output

This discussion has been closed.