well = what can - cmpletly useless....

well = what can - cmpletly useless....

pavelo6543pavelo6543 Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

ive been strugggling for the past year or so to initiate a single datable with filter options eyc - but i guess im useleess and every knows someting i am clearly missing - i was totaly unable to understand a single thing from the documention (yeah i saw how to connect it to db but no where do you people show how i can use the library from start to finish in numerous way - if you think that 10k users form a wotld of about 30 million developers is a good cut - then keep it up - otherwise would love to see some a "bit" more detailed guide for newbiews with benchmarks so i can actually know which type is better for me - and trust me when i say your clientelle will grow expedently if u do - for instance i bouth over 5 datable - similar crud slutions from codecanion at a total of 549 $ - just because i simple cannot / dont understand how to use your framework /app or whatever it is...and failed to find a single web app already using it so i can have some sort of starting point- i guess thats why the low number of users - absolutely useless if no newbie guide.....im trying to build a web app based on meteor using your library - but found it close to impossible....

Answers

• pavelo6543pavelo6543 Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

and please do not get offended - all im saying is if you make only minimal effort by post a complete / more detailed guide - u triple the amount of paying users - i cannot use the source you show in any productive way - all too time consuming - and ive worked on other framweworks - never this much headache - if you dedicate 10-15 min in making a tutorial video or sample app on github or anythong that might actually explain different use cases better - id be yu first client to donate 250k usd - but as isee it - right now the framework is useless on most case secanrios - how to i use it with an existing cms? wordpress / joomla / drupla or any other? how to i build a stand alone app with user login? nothing? might as well just explain how php works in 12 sections and php language would have been non existent long ago...

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,083Questions: 26Answers: 4,908

Guess I'm confused. Instead of posting questions you create two posts complaining about documentation. Not very productive. Yes, there is a lot of documentation and there is a learning curve. When I first started with Datatables it took me a long time to figure out how to make it work the way I wanted. I posted questions and got excellent help from the developer (yes one developer for this whole thing) and other forum members.

I would suggest creating a new post describing your environment and the issues you are having. Post any relevant error messages and config. If you have a link to your page that we can look at that would be great. If not then use the debugger and provide the resulting link.
    https://datatables.net/manual/tech-notes/10#DataTables-debugger

We are here to help. But requesting one developer (two in recent months) to create beginner tutorials for all the different environments is, IMO, asking a bit much. I would rather they spend time on new features and fixing issues.

No, I'm not a Datatables developer or employee - just a user.

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.