Use of application offline

Use of application offline

LiekarLiekar Posts: 10Questions: 2Answers: 0

For various reasons, one of the pages in my application must be usable offline; that is, with the laptop/tablet disconnected from any network.

The user will be connected to the network when the page loads - the page is initialized, data is loaded, etc. But after that they will be offline. I have been very careful to keep all processing local using JavaScript, DataTables. etc. and it all seems to work fine.

But I wanted to confirm that the Editor will work offline. In my Editor definition I do not have an ".ajax" clause. I believe that since I do not have a server defined that the "submit" will just update the local DataTable and not try to communicate with a server.

Again, I have tested the page offline and it seems to work well but this is critically important and I wanted to confirm the functionality.

Is there something about the Editor (or DataTables) which inherently will make them not function properly offline?

Many Thanks,
Bob Liekar

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 62,992Questions: 1Answers: 10,367 Site admin

I believe that since I do not have a server defined that the "submit" will just update the local DataTable and not try to communicate with a server.

Correct.

There is nothing about DataTables or Editor that requires the end user to be online. They do not "phone home".

Allan

• LiekarLiekar Posts: 10Questions: 2Answers: 0

Excellent! Thank you very much for the quick response.
    Bob Liekar

This discussion has been closed.