Assign Default Datatables Individual Column Filter To Custom HTML Select Drop Down Menu(s)

Assign Default Datatables Individual Column Filter To Custom HTML Select Drop Down Menu(s)

wyattbutp86wyattbutp86 Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Is it possible to tweak the default Datatables individual column searching/select inputs by overriding the default ones above each column and re-assigning them to specific drop-down menus placed elsewhere? Here's the default functionality:

https://datatables.net/examples/api/multi_filter_select.html

I've read similar posts about re-assigning the default search to a custom HTML input, but wasn't sure if you could do this with the default column drop-down filters. Ideally, I'd like to investigate whether you could create a dynamic,centralized search above the datatable, which includes the re-assigned input field (I've got this piece working in my example) and then re-assign a column (hidden from view) to a drop-downs under the aforementioned search interface like this:

<div> <input type="text" id="customFilter" /> <br> <br> <select id="col2DropDown"> </div> <table id="datatable">....

Thank you!

wyattburp86

Answers

• wyattbutp86wyattbutp86 Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Got it to work!

Using the example from the aforementioned link, you can target a specific id attribute from the DMO in lieu of the column.footer() portion of this code:

var select = $('<select><option value=""></option></select>') .appendTo( $(column.footer()).empty() )
    Best,

wyattburp86

This discussion has been closed.