PDF export not working in Chrome on iPad

PDF export not working in Chrome on iPad

abhineet.visputeabhineet.vispute Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0
edited December 2018 in Free community support

Hello there,
I am using PDF and Excel export functionality everything is working fine, But facing issues in Chrome on iPad actually after tapping on PDF button Chrome opens a blank new tab only not creating PDF. I don't know what is the issue. I have tried lot's of the solution but no one workes.
I am using the latest version of Chrome and 1.10.13 of DataTables.
Libraries order
1. jquery.dataTables.min.js
2. dataTables.buttons.min.js
3. pdfmake.min.js
4. vfs_fonts.js
5. buttons.html5.min.js
6. jszip.min.js
7. dataTables.responsive.min.js

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,144Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @abhineet.vispute ,

Does the example on this page work as expected when exporting to PDF on the iPAD with Chrome? If so, it will be something specific to your setup, so we would really need a test case. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• abhineet.visputeabhineet.vispute Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi @colin ,
    Thanks for the reply. I checked the link on the iPad but this is also not working. Same behavior just opens a blank new tab.

• colincolin Posts: 15,144Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @abhineet.vispute ,

Thank you for checking, we'll take a look and report back here.

Cheers,

Colin

• allanallan Posts: 61,723Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

What version of iOS are you using please? Desktop Safari only recently started supporting the APIs needed to create the file client-side, so it is possible that the version of Safari you are using doesn't either.

Note that Chrome on the iPad does just use Safari (or more specifically Webkit) as the HTML rendering engine!

Allan

I am using iPad Pro iOS version: 12.0.1.
    this issue is coming only in Chrome. In Safari it is working fine. I have checked my code and link in Safari and Chrome and both codes have the same issue in Chrome only.
    Chrome version: 71.0.3578.77

• rf1234rf1234 Posts: 2,808Questions: 85Answers: 406

Just updated my iPad Pro to the new Chrome version that you have installed as well. And yes: It didn't work any longer. And there was no error message either. Just a blank new tab.

Then I cleared the browser history, only Cookis and Website Data. I tried again. After clicking the pdf button I got prompted to allow for popups. I agreed, a new tab opened - and everything was fine :smile: Just like before.

This is about as weird as can be ... I made the iOS update as well and have version 12.1.1 running now.
    Suddenly it doesn't work any longer ... Deleting browser cache doesn't help any more either.

Looks like some issue with the OS ... With the latest Safari version it works fine by the way.

Hi @rf1234 ,
    I tried on iOS 12.1.1 and Chrome 71.0.3578.77. But not working. Even Chrome doesn't ask for permission.

yes, I have the same with iOS 12.1.1 ... that's gotta be a Chrome / iOS issue.

• allanallan Posts: 61,723Questions: 1Answers: 10,108 Site admin

I've just tried this on an iPad with 12.3.1 and Chrome 76.0 (and also Safari) and the pdf export for Buttons appears to work as expected now both with the current release of DataTables / Buttons and also with the in development releases.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.