How to avoid exporting certain text on the column?

How to avoid exporting certain text on the column?

vbusiellovbusiello Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

On my table, there is a column with a hidden span with hidden text, that I need to order dates correctly while showing them in a format that's not 'yyyy/mm/dd'. However, when I export the table some random characters () appear on those columns. I believe that it's trying to export that hidden span, and when it fails to decipher it, it inserts those characters.

Is there a way to tell the program not to export that information? And if not, is there a way I can show the dates with the format 'dd/mm/yyyy' and force to order that column correctly (if I don't put the hidden span with the format 'yyyy/mm/dd', it orders the information as text, placing 01/02/1999 before '20/03/2018)

Thank you all!!

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,545Questions: 26Answers: 4,818

I believe that it's trying to export that hidden span, and when it fails to decipher it, it inserts those characters. Is there a way to tell the program not to export that information?

Without seeing what you have specifically in the cell its hard to say exactly what to do. I just helped another person who is having issues with exporting span tags. Take a look at my last post and example. If you want to go this route the example may help you get started.

if not, is there a way I can show the dates with the format 'dd/mm/yyyy' and force to order that column correctly

The Ultimate Date/Time Sorting blog can show you how to use moment.js along with a plugin to sort datetime columns. Might be a better option for you.

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.