responsive : always move a specific column to the child row but not on desktop

responsive : always move a specific column to the child row but not on desktop

elazardelazard Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello everyone,

Fist of all, thank you for this incredible project, I am learning programming as a side hobby and I am blown away but what DataTables can do !
So i am playing with the responsive plugin and I would like to do the following :
I have a few tables on the same page with the same 5 columns. The last one being by far the less important of them. on desktop it doesn't matter because the screen is always big enough to show the 5 columns but on mobile, sometimes the 5th one is showing, sometimes it isnt depending on the width of the table overall.
So to make the overall page look nicer, I'd like to always send it to the child row but only on mobile (the table looks kinda empty on desktop if I use class ="none", it sends it to the child row regardless of the device)
Is it possible?

Thank you very much in advance (and obligatory sorry for poor englando)

Have a nice day !

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,207Questions: 1Answers: 2,592
    Answer ✓

Hi @elazard ,

This example here should help - it's showing how you can define boundaries for the various screen widths. Hopefully that'll do the trick,

Cheers,

Colin

• elazardelazard Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello @colin !
    Thank you very much for your answer that's exactly what I was looking for.
    It's strange I didn't find it, I searched before asking, I probably didn't use the right words... anyway, thanks again !

This discussion has been closed.