Where do I find documentation on ::of method or make() ?

Where do I find documentation on ::of method or make() ?

BradleyBBradleyB Posts: 16Questions: 5Answers: 0

All examples show Datatables::of(Some::query())->make(); syntax of some sort.

Where do I find reference material on ::of or make()?

I can't seem to find them anywhere.

Answers

• BradleyBBradleyB Posts: 16Questions: 5Answers: 0

I guess make() is off of Object Response? And I just happened to find it from a reference to it in eloquent docs.
    https://yajrabox.com/docs/laravel-datatables/6.0/response-object

And ::of is from engines data sources. But I still can't find actual reference documentation on it. Like what it can accept. Syntax, etc.

• allanallan Posts: 62,258Questions: 1Answers: 10,211 Site admin

Hi,

We've been in touch by e-mail, but just in case anyone else finds this thread, the API methods you refer to are part of the Yajra PHP library for using Editor with DataTables. So there isn't any documentation for them on this site as they are third party and not supported by us.

We publish DataTables and Editor, which are plug-ins for jQuery. They are primarily client-side libraries, but Editor (typically) needs a server-side component to be able to write information to a database. We publish libraries for PHP, .NET and NodeJS, but not specifically for any framework on those platforms such as Laravel.

If you have a question about the Yajra library for Editor, you'd probably be best posting on the github page for that project.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.