Instructions on integrating/installing Datatables Editor package to Wordpress

Instructions on integrating/installing Datatables Editor package to Wordpress

cpshartcpshart Posts: 246Questions: 49Answers: 5

Hi, I am using Datatables in Wordpress using Woody snippets for PHP, MySQL, Javascript etc. and this is working, but I have downloaded the editor as I need editing capability of my MySQL tables. previously using wpDatatables plugin which is very powerful but unfortunately it has some limitations which I cannot overcome.

Someone on the forum had mentioned that they were creating some instructions on how to integrate/Install the Datatables Editor package to Wordpress in the blog, I should be very grateful for this information as I have just downloaded the 15 day Trial (PHP and JS+CSS) and I am keen to get started asap.

Or if anyone has already integrated the editor to Wordpress successfully and can give me some tips, it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Colin

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586
    Answer ✓

Hi @cpshart ,

Yep, that blog post should be getting published in the next couple of days. I've made a note to update this thread when it's available.

Cheers,

Colin

• cpshartcpshart Posts: 246Questions: 49Answers: 5

Hi Colin

Many thanks for letting me know, much appreciated.

Best Regards

Colin

Answer ✓

Hi @cpshart ,

Tis online here,

Cheers,

Colin

Many Thanks Colin, just looking

edited February 2019

Hi Colin

I have now installed the software, thanks.

Do you have any examples of how you query MySQL database tables from within Wordpress to display an editable table. I have used a plugin Woody Snippets, but I suddenly realised that my PHP code containing the SQL statement was being ignored, it was not reacting to my condition give by WHERE statement, resulting in the entire table data being displayed for editing.

Many Thanks Colin

The information relating to the above question is shown here

https://editor.datatables.net/manual/php/conditions

Answer ✓

Hi @cpshart ,

This section of the blog post here discusses how to do the MySQL configuration. Have you set the appropriate values in your Editor/lib/config.php file and created a test database to be used?

Cheers,

Colin

Hi colin

Sorry for my delay, I have done as you suggested and the system is working as expected now.

Thanks for your help.

Colin

Answer ✓

Excellent, glad to hear!

This discussion has been closed.