Intermittent DataTables warning: table id=whatever - Requested unknown parameter blah...

Intermittent DataTables warning: table id=whatever - Requested unknown parameter blah...

donaldashworthdonaldashworth Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello. I have had users comment about a browser popup warning them of a DataTable issue. This does not happen to everyone or all of the time...it is intermittent. I cannot get this to happen either. I am using DataTable version 1.10.18. When this happens all of the column headers and n-rows are present ... however all of the cells contain 'null'. This DataTable is not created dynamically (it is statically defined).

** What I would like to do is purposely cause this DataTables warning dialog to occur in order to properly test any possible DataTable error handler or javascript Ajax error handler.

The exact text of the browser popup dialog is "Intermittent DataTables warning: table id=wellDataTable - Requested unknown parameter '0' for row 0, column 0. For more information about this error, please see http://datatables.net/tn/4"

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,209Questions: 1Answers: 2,592

Hi @donaldashworth ,

My guess would be that the server isn't sending the expected response to the Ajax request, so it would be worth checking the server logs to see if anything is being reported there.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.