Editor on asp.net core 2.1 & MongoDB

Editor on asp.net core 2.1 & MongoDB

dhutton@creativeone.comdhutton@creativeone.com Posts: 59Questions: 15Answers: 0

Hi all, I've downloaded the editor examples for asp.net core 2.1 and using developer version of mssql (sqlserver) on my local machine and it's working fine. For my main applications I am currently using datatables jquery in my javascript. Currently I am doing a fetch from javascript to retrieve the data and populate the table and again that's fine, but with Editor it seems the DBTYPE (type of database) needs to be configured in the launchSettings.json and there are only SQL options that are built in. Are there any nice examples anywhere I can look at specifically for editor for use with MongoDB? I'm seeing some various stabs at it online with datatables but we've already implemented that - nothing that seems definitive for editor unless I'm interpreting what I'm seeing wrong. I see how the dbtypes and connection strings are being used in the controllers but it also looks like everything is expecting SQL. Can editor be used with MongoDB?

TIA!

Dave

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 61,650Questions: 1Answers: 10,094 Site admin
    Answer ✓

The Editor .NET libraries currently do not support MongoDB I'm afraid. They build up SQL based on the configuration and data submitted, so either you would need an SQL -> MongoDB translation layer, or to replace the libraries with something that can talk to Mongo directly. The client / server data interchange is documented if you wanted to do that.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.