After entering long comment on the data table , the column position is going wrong, Please help

After entering long comment on the data table , the column position is going wrong, Please help

polachanpolachan Posts: 101Questions: 50Answers: 0

I have done the report using the data table , But after typing the long comment , the column alignment is going wrong position.
I pasted the script in jsfiffldle, but I surprised the code is working perfect in jsfiddle.net link. The same script when I copy in VS code , all the column position is going wrong if there is long comment. The comment is not wrapped up there to the suit of the column width. But when I copy the script to jsfiddle, I can see the column is wrapping up. Please any help would be very appreciated. I

I have posted the link here with https://jsfiddle.net/ftLncs24/

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,151Questions: 1Answers: 2,587

Hi @polachan ,

The best thing to do would to check the differences, but without seeing the problem, there isn't much we can do. Can you link to your page that demonstrate the issue?

Cheers,

Colin

This sounds like a duplicate of this thread.

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,322Questions: 26Answers: 4,774

Do you have nowrap on your table in the non-working code? If so try removing it. Take a look at the Styling doc.

Otherwise like Colin said we would need to see the non-working version to help.

Kevin

• polachanpolachan Posts: 101Questions: 50Answers: 0

I had already removed nowrap from the code earlier,still not working. The problem is column heading and column value does not show center . Also there is no wrapping of text in comment for lengthy showing,
    Please can you go through the link , you can see the value of name and age is not showing the same row and column of heading of name and age. Any help would be very appreciated
    https://jsfiddle.net/ftLncs24/

Image in VS code

Pol

I'm getting a bit muddled here as the comment field is wrapping for me - see screenshot.

I don't understand what you mean by this: "you can see the value of name and age is not showing the same row and column of heading of name and age. " Please can you be explicit, with images if it helps, on what isn't working as you would like, and what you would expect to see.

Cheers,

Colin

Colin
    the value of name and age , is coming with left alignment. How can I it show with center of the column heading and its value. Here I think the heading is coming as ccentered but the value is showing as left alignment. Both should be centered.

Also The comment should be shown 100 charactor long . The charector more than 100 word should be shown to the next line of the same column.

Please help

I think , it is the problem of center alignment dt-denter problem to the column age , salary and comment. How can I give the center alignment to the column age, salary and comment

I sorted the problem, Thanks for the help

This discussion has been closed.