Hiding rows not used

Hiding rows not used

scottaawsscottaaws Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

I am using DataTables using the Ajax API. my data table is set and working but I need to do a bit of alteration in order for it to be completely functional for my purposes. the scenario is this, I have created a table on the front of the site for listing movies that are playing in drive-in theatres from all the drive-ins in the area. Now, unfortunately, not all theatres have the same amount of screens. I would like to be able to hide the screens that are not available for the ones that don't have them.

e.g most of the drive-in theatres in the area have 3 screens, but some have 2 screens, and a few only have 1 screen. so for the ones with less than 3 screens, I would like to hide the rows that would be drawn for those screens

this is the site in question http://ontariodriveins.allaboutwebservices.com/

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

Hi @scottaaws ,

You need to make a change in this file. The format() function needs to be made smarter - as you say, it's not considering the number of screens. If you pass in the number of screens to that function as a parameter, it could then create the appropriate number of child rows.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.