Performance issue on Buttons Excel export

Performance issue on Buttons Excel export

msvendsenmsvendsen Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

We are facing some performance issues when using Buttons Excel export functionality on datatables with +20k rows.
I was told that there have been a performance issue/bug in the latter versions and that I should try using the nightly build.
Unfortunately that doesn't help.
I have made a JSFiddle example with 30.000 rows where the Excel export takes up to 1 minute depending on browsers.

http://jsfiddle.net/p6ugv93L/

Any ideas?

THANKS!!

• Michael

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,146Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @msvendsen ,

That took about 25 seconds on my PC - which I would say isn't that unreasonable for the amount of data, especially considering it took almost 10 seconds to load the page initially. Have you seen performance decrease between the releases?

Cheers,

Colin

• allanallan Posts: 61,740Questions: 1Answers: 10,111 Site admin

I'm getting the same performance result as Colin, which is probably a good thing since we have the same hardware! Looking at the test case (many thanks for that!) by far the biggest hit is the decoding of HTML data.

With that disabled it takes about 10 seconds on export.

Looking at the performance trace I don't see anything obvious that can be done to significantly improve the export speed. Worth keeping in mind that its generating a 40.5MB Excel file with XML methods in that example, so I'm not surprised that it takes around that amount of time.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.