Datatables Editor, find duplicates

Datatables Editor, find duplicates

mariusbekkmariusbekk Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi, sorry if it is a easy fix to this! I am new to Datatables Editor (and mssql) and i'm still trying to learn it.

My problem is as follows:

I have one table: "queues" containing all of the printing queues in our environment. Our queues are installed on two different systems.

1. Normal windows servers with different names
  2. Printer Installer

In the database I have several columns, but what we need to focus on is QueueName, IP and Source.
QueueName: The name of the printerqueue
IP: The IP found on the printerqueue
Source: What system / computername the queue is found on

ex:
QueueName - IP - Source
Queue1 - 10.10.10.140 - Server1
Queue2 - 10.10.10.150 - Server2
Queue3 - 10.10.10.140 - PrinterInstaller
Queue4 - 10.10.10.170 - PrinterInstaller

As you can see in the example above Queue1 and Queue3 have the same IP adress, but one are on a server and the other in PrinterInstaller. What I want is to be able to fetch the queues that have the exact same IP, but are on different systems (Server / PrinterInstaller).
This is to be able to have a deviation check making sure that we haven't added the same queue on both a server solution and the PrinterInstaller solution.

The Source column is always PrinterInstaller if the queue is fetched from that system.

Again, sorry if this is a dumb questions, thank you.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,146Questions: 1Answers: 2,587

Hi @mariusbekk ,

This example from another thread may help - it's colouring cells differently if the value in the table already.

If not, could you give a use case on how you would expect this to look/work?

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.