Can't export to Excel : can't construct the Blob.

Can't export to Excel : can't construct the Blob.

amresnakreamresnakre Posts: 2Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello,

I am using datable with inside a salesforce community. It's working like a charm except for the export.

I get to display the Excel button, but when i clic on it, i get this error in the console :

Uncaught Error: Bug : can't construct the Blob.

And nothing happens, it starts loading infinitely.

Thanks for your help guys.

Have a good day.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @amresnakre ,

That doesn't look like a DataTables error. We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• seabassseabass Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

I'm getting the same error for Excel. PDF/Excel/CSV works in Safari and Firefox, but not in Chrome on mac. Any resolution?

For PDF I'm getting this error:
    Uncaught Could not generate blob

This line shows up in the console if it is of any help:
    module.exports = exports = factory(require("./core"));

Thanks!

• colincolin Posts: 15,142Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

As I said, it doesn't look like a DataTables error. If you believe it is, please link to a test case so we can take a look.

• seabassseabass Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

I was running this code in my JS file. Not sure what it does, but I don't think I need it. Export works in Chrome as well now!

Array.prototype.find=function(t){var e=[];return $.each(this,function(a,i){-1!==i.indexOf(t)&&e.push(a)}),e}

This discussion has been closed.