Dropdown selection for CSV source

Dropdown selection for CSV source

sini180sini180 Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hello, I am using Datatables for displaying some CSV files, which does an amazing job.The source CSV files are generated with the same columns, etc but contents of the rows change once every couple weeks. I want to be able to look at each file at any time.

I am stuck on how I might be able to have a drop down selection that lists the *.csv files within a directory and loads this into the table upon selection instead of having a page for each CSV.

Appreciate your assistance in advance :)

Thanks.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,143Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @sini180 ,

Editor has a CSV import - see this example here. For plain DataTables, there's a few forum threads on this, such as here and here.

Cheers,

Colin

• sini180sini180 Posts: 4Questions: 2Answers: 0

Hi Colin, thanks for your reply. My understanding is this allows the user to upload a CSV. I have the CSV stored on the server already and new ones are generated periodically. I'm not seeking a user upload option, but to select from one of the pre-generated CSV files.

• colincolin Posts: 15,143Questions: 1Answers: 2,586

Hi @sini180 ,

It's not uploading the file, that's only available in Editor as in this example. Those other threads were concerned with just loading the table from the data within those files.

Those threads I listed before are as good a starting point as you'll get.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.