How can I change the language url in runtime using angular 7?

How can I change the language url in runtime using angular 7?

MarcusshaocongMarcusshaocong Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi all,

I am currently building a data table using angular 7, and I want to have a dropdown menu to switch different languages for the internationalization support. To my understanding, the dtoption has a language.url option which can specify which language to use. I have no problem to set the default language during the table initialization. However, I don't know how how to make it work after I change the url option to a different language file when the event of of switching the lang is triggered. Any help or working examples will be appreciated. Thanks.

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

Hi @Marcusshaocong ,

That's an initialisation option, so you would need to destroy the table (destroy()) and recreate it (you can use destroy here) with the new URL,

Cheers,

Colin

• MarcusshaocongMarcusshaocong Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the quick reply. What I wanted to do is to change the dtOptions' language.url to point to a different language file when the langChange event is trigger.

I have tried use the destroy() and then the draw() to re-render the table, however it does not take effect. Do you know how to do it correctly? I think my point is change the dtOptions' language setting after the table has been initialized, looks like the destroy() and draw() did not do the trick.

langChange(): void {
        this.translate.onLangChange.subscribe((event: TranslationChangeEvent) => {
          console.log('langChange', event)
          console.log("db", this.datatableElement)
          this.dtOptions.language.url = "/assets/i18n/datatable.fr.json";
          this.datatableElement.dtInstance.then((dtInstance: DataTables.Api) => {
            dtInstance.table('#dtPluginExample').i18n( 'buttons.edit', 'Copy to clipboard' )
            dtInstance.destroy(false);
            console.log("init", dtInstance.init())
            //dtInstance.draw();
            dtInstance.ajax.reload((callback)=>{
              console.log("callback", callback)
          });
        });
      }

Hi @Marcusshaocong ,

Yep, once you've called destroy(), you'll need to reinitialise the table with new setting. I see you're calling dtInstance.init() but that code isn't there.

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• MarcusshaocongMarcusshaocong Posts: 3Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi @colin,

Can you roughly tell me what is the potential interface or api to reinitialise the table with new setting in this case?

I am using angular 7 and a lot of third party modules, I am not sure if I can fully replicate the same test case here, it might take me a lot of time to do that. Very much appreciated for your help. Thanks.

Hi @Marcusshaocong ,

It would be the same as the original initialisation - just with the URL path. You could even just add destroy as I mentioned above, so you wouldn't need to call destroy, something like this.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.