Diacritics-neutralise-sort not working despite is the original

Diacritics-neutralise-sort not working despite is the original

lanea07lanea07 Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello everyone:

This is my first post so please be patient and excuse my english.

My problem is that I have a datatable with "Diacritics-neutralise-sort" plugin set as JSFiddle shows, searching with diacritical characters works fine and as expected, but sorting columns by clicking its headers not, e.g. column Dependencia sorts alphanumerical data wrong and column Nombre has some strings with special diacritical characters like Á at the begining of the string, and when sorted this string is placed after the Y begining letter, this obviously should be put in the first rows of the table.

Any help would be appreciated

JSFiddle link.

https://jsfiddle.net/lanea07/rehgawbn/16/

DataTable debug info

Information about 1 table available

tblDirectorioOperaciones

Data source: DOM
Processing mode: Client-side
Draws: 4
Columns: 7
Rows - total: 320
Rows - after search: 320
Display start: 30
Display length: 10

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598
    Answer ✓

Hi @lanea07 ,

You've got multiple columnDefs blocks - there should only be one with the customisation for your specific columns in there and identified with columnDefs.targets. I've modified it here, and it seems better, I wasn't sure which column that last block referred to.

Cheers,

Colin

• lanea07lanea07 Posts: 4Questions: 1Answers: 0
    edited June 2019

Wow, that worked like a charm, but this leads me to a new question ¿then how do I apply the rest of the multiple columDefs settings into a single columnDefs tag? taking into account that different columns have different settings. Sorry, i'm new

Update: forget it, I've found the answer myself. Thanks a lot for your help

This discussion has been closed.