Can I use the DataTables Editor with ADO.NET Datatable object?

Can I use the DataTables Editor with ADO.NET Datatable object?

Benn Solomon DBenn Solomon D Posts: 10Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hi,
I would like to use the DataTable Editor to work with a ADO.NET Datatable object. The constructor for Editor takes a DataTables.Database and I have this working fine. But I have not been able to find any examples of how to use data from ADO.NET Datatable, which is having the same structure as database table, only thing is we have filtered it in a stored proc.
Appreciate your help !

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,161Questions: 1Answers: 10,406 Site admin

Hi,

The .NET libraries for Editor use an ADO connector. Although they use a Datatable class internally, its not something you can pass in.

You need to create the Database instance with the ADO connection (which you are probably doing with your Datatable somewhere anyway).

Allan

• Benn Solomon DBenn Solomon D Posts: 10Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

Actually i'm getting the filtered ADO.NET Datatable from a stored proc and this datatable has the same table structure of my Database table. I wanted to pass this ADO.NET Datatable to Editor, is it possible?
    As the structure and data is subset of main database table, editing functionality might not get impacted, only issue i'm facing is instantiation of Editor with ADO.NET Datatable. Please help me on this..

Thanks

This discussion has been closed.