Datatables CSV upload customization questions

Datatables CSV upload customization questions

danielviannadanielvianna Posts: 15Questions: 7Answers: 0

Hello Alan,

I am working on a project currently and have been using datatables editor to upload csv files.
There is a requirement in the project which is to display some data samples as preview data in the popup as below:

to replace the original popup.

I was wondering whether there is some existing plugin to do that, if not, is there a way to implement it easily?

Thank you,

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 63,175Questions: 1Answers: 10,409 Site admin
  • danielviannadanielvianna Posts: 15Questions: 7Answers: 0

Hi Allan,

Yes, I want to use the csv import function on this page but modify the pop-ups to show preview data from the csv instead of the confirm import pop-up(the 3rd pop-up)

I'm with you now. There isn't a plug-in for that, nor is it perhaps the most trivial thing to implement. What I would be tempted to do is use the field().message() method on the confirm screen to show a sample of the values, which you can get using field().get().

Allan

• danielviannadanielvianna Posts: 15Questions: 7Answers: 0

I see, thank you for your response. Also, I have a question.

I am using datatables in my projects. On some pages, I want to use datatables without any functions except for search and sort.

In admin part, I would like to include the upload csv function into the datatables which is datatables editor.

Do you think it is better to have both datatables and datatables editors or just use datatables editors and there is a way that I can turn off the csv import function on some of the datatables editor.

Thank you

Do you think it is better to have both datatables and datatables editors or just use datatables editors

I don't quite understand I'm afraid. Editor is a plug-in for DataTables.

is a way that I can turn off the csv import function on some of the datatables editor.

Just don't include the CSV import button and code. Its effectively a customisation that since it isn't a "zero touch" feature that Editor provides, but rather something that needs to be programmed using its API.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.