CSV Import form extends past bottom of page

CSV Import form extends past bottom of page

kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,141Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Continuing work, from this thread, on my CSV import page and found that with many records the form extends past the bottom of the page and the fields and submit buttons can't be clicked. Is there a way to add a scroll bar or show the form with multiple columns?

Here is the updated example:
http://live.datatables.net/yixobehu/4/edit

Also noticed the the CSV import seems to work only once. The second time the file can be chosen but the selectEditor form doesn't appear. This is ok in my environment and haven't tried to debug. This can be seen in the example if someone wants to take the time to look. My concern is the form display :smile:

Kevin

Replies

• allanallan Posts: 61,439Questions: 1Answers: 10,052 Site admin

It appears to be a problem with activating one Bootstrap modal (the column selector one) while another one is closing. The modal-open class is being removed from the body. Let me look into this a little more and get back to you.

Allan

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,141Questions: 26Answers: 4,736

Ok, take your time. Can use a smaller number of columns for my dev and testing.

Kevin

Is the fix for this going into Editor 1.9.1?

Kevin

Sorry - for the delay reply Kevin! The changes I've made so far to allow a different modal per Editor instance will be in, but I've still to look into this refinement of that. It will be for 1.9.1, but not yet done.

Allan

If it lands in 1.9.1 that would be great. If not I can use a non-Bootstrap page for imports. Not a show stopper for me.

Kevin

with many records the form extends past the bottom of the page and the fields and submit buttons can't be clicked

http://live.datatables.net/yixobehu/7/edit

The issue is related to Bootstrap 3 not appearing to handle displaying one modal at the same time as hiding another. It removed the classes / events that handle the scrolling and then doesn't reapply this. I guess this is an edge case.

I've put in a "hacky" setTimeout to fix it.

Bootstrap 4 has a nice internal scrolling option which I'll switch Editor to use.

The second time the file can be chosen but the selectEditor form doesn't appear

This one I do know what the issue is - I suspect you are selecting the same file again as a test. The result is that the value doesn't change from the input element, and thus it doesn't trigger its change event and no upload happens. I need to fix that!

Both will be in for 1.9.1,

Allan

Cool, thanks!

Kevin

• nico@essor.co.uknico@essor.co.uk Posts: 3Questions: 0Answers: 0

Hi everyone,

I'm having the same issue, impossible to scroll the modal when there are too many columns, and I'm using Bootstrap 4, Editor 1.9.2.

If anyone can help me to fix the issue and work around it, I would really appreciate it.

Here is my page: https://dashboard.secrettours.com/dext.php

Thanks

• colincolin Posts: 15,112Questions: 1Answers: 2,583

Thanks for the link, but it looks as expected to me. Please could you give an explanation on what you'd expect to see,

Colin

• tangerinetangerine Posts: 3,342Questions: 35Answers: 394

@Colin, it's the second modal, the form listing all the fields, which doesn't scroll.
    No idea myself, I haven't used CSV import.

First thing to do would be to upgrade to Editor 1.9.6 which is the latest release of the 1.x series.

Allan

Thanks Allan, I've updated it but I'm having the same issue with the modal not scrolling.

Hi,

The link above appears to still be using 1.9.2. You can check this by running $.fn.dataTable.Editor.version on the browser's console.

Thanks,
    Allan

There were some conflics with the datatables download builder. I have now updated to 2. and it's working well.

Thanks for the help!