Issue scrolling when virtual table exceeds hard-coded maximum

Issue scrolling when virtual table exceeds hard-coded maximum

druegamerdruegamer Posts: 21Questions: 5Answers: 0

There appears to be an issue with the Scroller plugin when the virtual table height exceeds the hard-coded maximum of 1000000. Mouse wheel and slow scrolling appears to work fine. Directly moving the scroll bar to anywhere in the bottom 90% of the bar causes the scroll to immediately jump to the end of the scrolling window. This example with 600k rows shows this occurring. This appears to be an issue introduced with Scroller 2.0.0 as I am not seeing it occur in Scroller 1.5.1.

I am thinking the offending line is line 681 in the scroller source. In previous versions, this conversion was 'virtualToPhysical' (rather than 'physicalToVirtual' which it is currently in 2.0.0), but perhaps there is a reason for this change that I am not seeing? I have modified this conversion to 'virtualToPhysical' in my local copy and it appears to fix it.

My testing was done on a CentOS machine in both FireFox and Chrome.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,180Questions: 1Answers: 10,411 Site admin

Hi,

I believe I've fixed this in the current nightly with this commit.

Could you try that and let me know how you get on with it? We plan to package it up soon, so it would be good to get external validation on it.

Regards,
    Allan

• druegamerdruegamer Posts: 21Questions: 5Answers: 0

I am still seeing the issue described in the example provided (which is using the nightly build). I am also seeing it locally using the nightly along with DataTables proper version 1.10.18.

Additionally I have tested the provided example in IE and am seeing the issue there as well.

This discussion has been closed.