Child Row containing Bootstrap Tabs with Various Child Datatables?

Child Row containing Bootstrap Tabs with Various Child Datatables?

rockhound21rockhound21 Posts: 1Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hello!

I was able to follow along with the blog post here: https://datatables.net/blog/2019-01-11 , and successfully implemented the post contents on my own.

I'm trying to figure out how to build on top of where this blog post left off and iterate the blog post's result, by implementing Bootstrap tabs when the child row opens, initializing a child Datatable in each tab, preferably with Editor running on each one of those child Datatables.

I'm looking to marry the concepts from all of these blog and forum posts together. Any ideas on how to implement child Datatables in a Bootstrap Tab each, all in a child row of a parent table?

Thanks!
-rockhound21

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,159Questions: 26Answers: 4,921

The format function of the first (shivaselvadurai) example could be expanded with an HTML table in each tab that you could then initialize Datatables. Similar to the way the second example is initializing Datatables for all the tabs.

The complexity with doing something like this is programmatically making sure that each table has unique ID's. If you want to use HTML ID's.

My suggestion would be to take the first example and start building it out. If you have questions post the link to your test case with the questions then we can help.

Kevin

This discussion has been closed.