Can you add your own ajax URL within Editor?

Can you add your own ajax URL within Editor?

dataphpmysqldataphpmysql Posts: 65Questions: 17Answers: 0

So I should've asked this before purchasing Editor, but here is my question.

I'm using DataTables and plan to also use the Editor with an application developed for AWS (Amazon Web Services). The thing is, one of the columns of the table will have an attachment field that does not link to the same database the other columns will be in. This specific column, which have attachments, are stored in an AWS S3 Bucket, and when I'm editing the row and choose to edit that attachment and add a new one, the attachment should update in the S3 Bucket while the other columns should update in the database as expected.

Now, I know the logic to make the editing happen with the attachments and S3 and all that; it pretty much requires an AJAX URL (from API Gateway). My question is, can I add this URL in addition to the one Editor uses? So basically, using this as example: https://editor.datatables.net/examples/styling/template.html and after clicking Edit -> Update, the Editor will be used as normal except for that specific column in which I wish to add my own AJAX URL in addition to the one Editor uses. Can this be done? and if so, is there documentation in Editor I can look into to apply this?

Thanks.

Answers

• allanallan Posts: 63,180Questions: 1Answers: 10,411 Site admin

My question is, can I add this URL in addition to the one Editor uses?

Yes - you could trigger your second Ajax request in a postCreate / postEdit. It also provides the information for the row that is being updated so you should have everything you need. The only thing is that they do not accept a Promise callback. They need to be synchronous.

Allan

This discussion has been closed.