Search not working on IE

Search not working on IE

rupertrupert Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

Hi,

I have this legacy DataTables 1.9.4 and search function is not working on IE (any version) or Edge but works fine in Chrome and Firefox.

I have this table like this:

When searching for "Asparagus" in Chrome/Firefox, I get the desired result.

But when searching for the same text in IE, it fails.

Is this a limitation in IE?

Thanks!

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

  • colincolin Posts: 6,205Questions: 0Answers: 1,066

    Hi @rupert ,

    It's not something we're aware off. I would recommend updating, that's a very old version, and if still no joy, please post a link to your page or create a test case and we'll be happy to take a look. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

    Cheers,

    Colin

  • kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 6,474Questions: 22Answers: 1,414

    In addition to Colin's comments...

    Looks like that column is a text input. The place to start is with the input event you are using to update Datatables when the input changes. Use debug (console.log) statements to debug what is happening in your event.

    Kevin

  • rupertrupert Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

    Hi @colin ,

    Thank you for your reply.
    Since I cannot link you the page, I followed your suggestion to create a test case. I used live.datatables.net option and changed a little in the existing code to match mine. Notice in my original description that the column is a text input.

    This is the result.

    When I search "ashton", it showed 1 entry which is correct.

    But when I search "ange", it returns no result.

    I also used the DataTables Debugger and run the automated tests and it fails. Perhaps because of the old version I am using.

    I assume live.datatables.net is using the latest version but still could not search in input text column?

    Thanks!

  • rupertrupert Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

    Hi @kthorngren ,

    Thank you for your reply.
    I would just like to point out that though the column is input text, but the data is loaded from backend. It was not changed before I searched. After the page is loaded, that is when I searched for the text.

    I have tried testing in live.datatables.net but it could not search in input text column as well.

    Is this happening to others too?

    Thanks!

  • colincolin Posts: 6,205Questions: 0Answers: 1,066

    Hi @rupert ,

    if you can provide the link to the test case, we can take a look. On the HTML tab, you can give any version of the libraries - but as I mentioned before, definitely upgrade since we won't be supporting versions that old.

    Cheers,

    Colin

  • rupertrupert Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

    Hi @colin ,

    Here is the link
    http://live.datatables.net/regocini/1/edit

    Thanks!

  • colincolin Posts: 6,205Questions: 0Answers: 1,066
    Answer ✓

    Hi @rupert ,

    Ah, I see, it's because of the input element, that's the same behaviour on all browsers, that's not specific in any way to IE.

    You'll need a custom search plugin for that. See this thread, there's an example of one there.

    Cheers,

    Colin

  • rupertrupert Posts: 5Questions: 1Answers: 0

    Thank you @colin ! :)

Sign In or Register to comment.