Find visible/active Tables only?

Find visible/active Tables only?

MadBoyEvoMadBoyEvo Posts: 119Questions: 38Answers: 0

I've following code: https://codepen.io/MadBoyEvo/pen/OJJXLVO

Basically I've the following code which is responsible for showing/hiding sections.

<script type="text/javascript">function show(obj) {
    document.getElementById(obj).style.display = 'block';
    document.getElementById("hide_" + obj).style.display = '';
    document.getElementById("show_" + obj).style.display = 'none';
    try {
        $('.dataTable').DataTable().columns.adjust().responsive.recalc();
    } catch {
        console.log('No datatables available.');
    }
}
function hide(obj) {
    document.getElementById(obj).style.display = 'none';
    document.getElementById("hide_" + obj).style.display = 'none';
    document.getElementById("show_" + obj).style.display = '';
}
</script>

When section starts as hidden and I press show without the responsive.recalc(); the table code doesn't load properly/fully. That's why I have added the code above and it seems to work. However, it's pretty heavy because if I have 50 tables it will recalc them all which is a bit unnecessary right? I was wondering if there's a way to find only visible data tables and do responsive.recalc()?

This question has an accepted answers - jump to answer

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,275Questions: 26Answers: 4,765

AFAIK Datatables would not know if its hidden or not and has no features to determine hidden state. Maybe you can use a class assigned to the tag to indicate it is visible. Then instead of $('.dataTable').DataTable().columns.adjust().responsive.recalc(); using the dataTable class you can use the dt-visible class.

Kevin

• MadBoyEvoMadBoyEvo Posts: 119Questions: 38Answers: 0

So I would need to track tables myself. As in knowing which section holds which tables, or which tabs have which sections with which tables. That's the idea?

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 20,275Questions: 26Answers: 4,765
    edited October 2019 Answer ✓

You have show() and hide() functions. I assume obj is a div or something that contains a table. You might be able to use something like jQuery find to find the descendent table in the show() function then use that class selector for adjusting the columns.

Here is a simple example that hides the Datatables inside a particular div on the click of a button. Note only the table is hidden not the search, etc elements. And the table in the other div is still visible.
    http://live.datatables.net/tawuzedu/1/edit

Make sure to remove the class in your hide() function.

HTH,

Kevin

• MadBoyEvoMadBoyEvo Posts: 119Questions: 38Answers: 0

This discussion has been closed.