Sum calculated column

Sum calculated column

Tony STony S Posts: 26Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hi,I have difficulty to have the sum of the column itself calculated.
Exepmle result:
[object Object], [object Object], [object Object], [object Object], [object Object]....

ajax: "php/table1.php",
        columns: [
                    {"data": "name"},
                    {"data": "table2", render: function (data, row) {                                   
                                                return data.reduce( function (a, b) {
                                                    return a + (b.amount)*1; }, 0 ).toFixed(2)+' €';}
                    },

],

footerCallback: function ( tfoot, data, start, end, display ) {
        var api = this.api();

// Total amount
                $( api.column(2).footer() ).html(api.column(2)
                .data()
                .reduce( function ( a, b ) {
                            return a + b;
                                }, 0 )
                )
            },

Replies

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

It's probably because you're using object based data. We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

• Tony STony S Posts: 26Questions: 4Answers: 0

Hi, I do not master the javavascript, I have prepared an example could you take a look, thank you
    http://live.datatables.net/kitizove/1/edit

Hi @Tony S ,

The problem is because table.column(3).data() returns an a 2D array - you resolve this in your columns.render function, so you need to either do something like that, or use cells().render().

The second option is the easiest, see your example modified here.

Cheers,

Colin

Thank you very much Colin, it works very well . I did not think of the solution with cells (). Render () for lack of experience.
    I have one last question.

I would like to divide the column (3) by the column (2) using "columnDefs" but I can not . Do you have any idea please ? http://live.datatables.net/kitizove/5/edit

Do you mean in the footer, or in the column itself?

edited October 2019

In the column itself. ( in column 4 Coef )
    I really have trouble arranging both functions !

The place to do that would be in createdRow - see your modified example here. It's showing how to get the values in the cells - I'll leave it as an exercise for you to do the sums :)

Difficult exercise :(
    I was convinced that we should use data: null or columnDefs: but I'm going to look at the problem today :)

Hi @Tony S ,

I set myself a morning challenge to do it :) Here it is - it seems the createdRow did work, but it meant the field wasn't searchable. By doing the sums again in the columns.render it meant that column is still filterable.

Hope that does the trick,

Cheers,

Colin

Dear Colin, thank you for your valuable help.
    It works perfectly.
    The use of two variables in the same function is the best solution, but for lack of experience I have not arrived.
    Again thank you very much and I am more and more impressed by Datatables, Editor and the forum team ! Good luck in your project.

This discussion has been closed.