json example server side processing is expecting

json example server side processing is expecting

jokohewsjokohews Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0

I can't find a good example of the format needed to send back to the datatable with results.

Thanks,
Jay

Answers

• kthorngrenkthorngren Posts: 21,163Questions: 26Answers: 4,921

This doc explains the server side processing protocol. Here are some examples:
    https://datatables.net/examples/server_side/

Let us know if you have further questions.

Kevin

• jokohewsjokohews Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0

So I'm getting this json on the server side.. the Start and Length doesn't seem to change.. I only ever get a request for 50 records starting at 0 - this is the 5th draw, but

{"draw":5,"columns":[{"data":null,"name":"","searchable":true,"orderable":false,"search":{"value":"","regex":false}},{"data":"Column1","name":"","searchable":true,"orderable":true,"search":{"value":"","regex":false}},{"data":"Column2","name":"","searchable":true,"orderable":true,"search":{"value":"","regex":false}},{"data":"Column3","name":"","searchable":true,"orderable":true,"search":{"value":"","regex":false}},{"data":"Column4","name":"","searchable":true,"orderable":true,"search":{"value":"","regex":false}},{"data":"Column5","name":"","searchable":true,"orderable":true,"search":{"value":"","regex":false}},{"data":"Column6","name":"","searchable":true,"orderable":true,"search":{"value":"","regex":false}},{"data":"Column7","name":"","searchable":true,"orderable":true,"search":{"value":"","regex":false}},{"data":"Column8","name":"","searchable":true,"orderable":true,"search":{"value":"","regex":false}},{"data":"Column9","name":"","searchable":true,"orderable":true,"search":{"value":"","regex":false}}],"order":[{"column":3,"dir":"asc"}],"start":0,"length":50,"search":{"value":"mysearch","regex":false}}

I'm expecting the start to ask for the next batch of a large number of records. Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Jay

• jokohewsjokohews Posts: 7Questions: 2Answers: 0
    edited October 2019

I think the FilteredRecords need to be the full count of the search before the filtering of the length.. so nevermind.

This discussion has been closed.