How to customize "Selected # rows" when using server-side processing?

How to customize "Selected # rows" when using server-side processing?

steven408steven408 Posts: 9Questions: 3Answers: 1

I was able to customize the text itself with the following configuration:

language: {
                    select: {
                        rows: {
                            _: "Selected %d rows",
                            0: "Click a row to select it"
                        }
                    }
                }

However, the previous selected rows are removed from the DOM when using serverside processing in DataTables. I am currently storing the ids of the selected rows in an array called "selectedRows". I want to use the length of that array in place of "%d" but the table always see the value of the array as 0.

How do I override this label to always show the correct row count in server-side processing?

Answers

• colincolin Posts: 15,237Questions: 1Answers: 2,598

Hi @steven408 ,

The easiest way would be to just over-write the existing string in drawCallback with what you want - something like this.

Cheers,

Colin

• steven408steven408 Posts: 9Questions: 3Answers: 1

Hi Colin,

I would like to retain the first part of the dataInfo though "Showing 26 to 41 of 89 entries Selected 5 rows". I would only like to override the 2nd part of the string "Selected 5 rows" to use my array count (stores the correct number of rows).

Yep, so you can read that initial string, then modify it to suit your purposes, like this.

• steven408steven408 Posts: 9Questions: 3Answers: 1

In server-side scrolling, overriding the text in the drawCallback section changes the text for a short time. Once it exits out of the drawCallback section, the text reverts back to the previous text "Showing 26 to 41 of 89 entries Selected 5 rows" rather than "Showing 26 to 41 of 89 entries and fred".

We're happy to take a look, but as per the forum rules, please link to a test case - a test case that replicates the issue will ensure you'll get a quick and accurate response. Information on how to create a test case (if you aren't able to link to the page you are working on) is available here.

Cheers,

Colin

This discussion has been closed.